Cedar plank salmon Gas Grill
Fresh salmon that's been rubbed with herbs and grilled slowly over wine-soaked cedar planks? Let me tell you, this right here is some of the best salmon you'll ever put in your mouth. Guaranteed.
Here's our best recipe for grilled salmon on a cedar plank, step by easy step.
This is such a simple and elegant technique for cooking salmon. The fish steams gently in the heat of the grill, staying incredibly tender and moist. It also picks up smoky flavors from the grill and woodsy flavors from the cedar, along with whatever was used to soak the planks. So good.
You can use plain water to soak the planks, but it's much more fun to soak the planks in something like wine, sake, or cider. The heat is low enough that you don't need to worry about the alcohol in the soaking liquid catching fire. Find the planks themselves at grocery stores with well-stocked grill sections or your local hardware store.
There's also no hard-and-firm rule for how much fish you cook. If you have a small grill or are just cooking for yourself, it's fine to grill a single fillet on one plank. Or you can cook for a crowd, as we did, and pick up a whole side of salmon to grill at once. Small fillets will cook slightly more quickly than the larger cuts.
What You Need
Salmon fillets, ideally with the skin on
Olive oil to coat
Lemon juice and zest (optional)
Minced fresh dill (optional)
Wine, sake, or cider for soaking the planks
Several cedar planks
1. Soak the Cedar Planks: One to two hours before grilling, soak the planks in wine, sake, cider, or water.
2. Heat the Grill: Heat your gas or charcoal grill to about 350°F or a medium heat-setting.
3. Lay the Planks on the Grill: Arrange the planks on the grill in a single layer so they are in contact with the grill grates. Allow a little space on the sides for heat and air to flow.
4. Lay the Salmon on Top: Season the salmon and lay it skin-side down in a single layer on top of the cedar planks. Cover the grill.
5. Cook for 12 - 15 Minutes: Start checking the salmon for doneness after about 12 minutes. Small fillets will cook more quickly than larger cuts. The salmon is done when it is uniformly pink in the center.
6. Remove the Skin: Transfer the salmon on the planks to a cutting board or baking sheet. Use a thin spatula to gently separate the skin from the salmon. The skin should stick to the boards and separate easily.
7. Cut into Portions and Serve: Use a sharp knife to cut the salmon into portions and serve immediately.
• Cedar planks can be re-used until they become overly charred, cracked, or impossible to clean. Just scrub off the skin as you would any other dish and allow them to dry until their next use.Tricks on how to start a car with old gas in it? What does jalisco mean? How to get vengeful sun god? What does pro se mean? How to draw tails? How to cook turkey tips in air fryer? Skate 3 ps3 how to do tricks? What does it mean to be in love? What does the number 3 mean in the bible? What are orbs? What is the meaning of mumu? Which word uses greek roots meaning one and rule? What are the first signs of heat exhaustion? What is the meaning of carnal warfare? How to pop ears after flight? What is the meaning of symbol in math? What do you tell a woman with two black eyes meaning? What does non profit mean? God helps those who help themselves proverb meaning? What does brown urine mean? What does outlier mean? What does lyse mean? What channel does the football game come on tonight? What time does halo infinite campaign unlock? Why did my salary go up but my wages/tips on w-2 go down? What does til valhalla mean? What does protein in urine mean? Tips on how to sell stuff at home? What is s/o? Who is your employer meaning? What does a dream catcher do? What is the meaning of srija? What will happen if i complete low chrissa tricks? What is a preparation job interview tips? How to cash a check on cash app? How to stop being constipated? how to remove wii u usb helper What pennies are worth money? How to let air out of tire? What is the meaning of factor? define what a helper and washer does How to befriend a crow? What does gist mean? What is vore meaning? What time is it in scotland? What time does in n out close? What months are aquarius? How to tame axolotls in minecraft? What does preaching to the choir mean? How to train your genie pig to walk on the leash and do cool tricks videos? How to get rid of a bad cough? Surfing what order to learn tricks? Tips on how to use indesign? How to change apple airpod pro ear tips? what version of video download helper works What is shaving the tips of a fighting bull's horns called in spanish? Real woman who plays sussie in makeup tips? What does yellow and blue make? How to airdrop from iphone to mac? What are anaerobic exercises? What does mcm brand stand for? How to get to nokstella eternal city? What is january's birthstone? How to spool a spinning reel? How to memorize the cards and do tricks with them? How to handle a narcissist? how to become a helper construction worker What is the meaning of the word infamous? Nailboo how to apply nail tips? What is faux leather? How to find someone's exact location with ip address? How do i apply tips in quickbooks? How to make potions in minecraft? How to bbq rib tips? How to use concealer? What is the meaning of navigable? What are pilates? who was lewis and clark's african american helper and what skills did he have What does low hdl mean? What does mean in c++? What are grape nuts made of? How to polish chrome exhaust tips? What does drag mean? What are special teams in football? What nhl player has the most career hat tricks? What does the 5 point star mean? How to make money from home? Doing what i do best meaning? What does tilapia taste like? What is xd movie? What are great danes bred for? What does bristle mean? How to get to eterna city? How to make taco soup? What is dui? What does scandalous mean? What does reckoning mean? What time does texas roadhouse open? What does nfs mean text? What does doordash pay? How to learn calligraphy? What is the meaning of revenue in business?
bbq-parts CBI251 (3-Pack) Gas Grill Cast Iron Burner for Bakers,Sam's Club and Chefs, Grand Hall, Members Mark, Lowes Model Grills (16
Lawn & Patio (bbq-parts)
BBQ-Parts CBC301 (3-pack) BBQ Barbecue Replacement Gas Grill Cast Iron Burner for Aussie, Bakers and Chefs, Barbeques Galore (Turbo), Bull, Calaphon, Centro, Charbroil, Char broil, Coleman, Costco, Glen Canyon, Grand Hall, Nexgrill, Sams, Sam's, Sterling Forge, Sunshine, Lowes Model Grills, CIT (15 3/4" x 2 7/8")
Lawn & Patio (BBQ-Parts)
ProSource Kitchen hg-1101-griddle Professional Heavy Duty Reversible Double Burner Cast Iron Grill Griddle, 20 by 9-Inch, Black
bbq-parts CBF301(4-pack) Cast Iron Barbecue Gas Grill Replacement Burner for Jennair, Lowes Model Grills (15 13/16
Lawn & Patio (bbq-parts)
Music City Metals 68763 Matte Cast Iron Cooking Grid Replacement for Select Gas Grill Models by Charbroil, Kenmore and Others, Set of 3
Lawn & Patio (Music City Metals)